(EDIT: Post updated with additional family activities for Easter week/Break as well. Scroll down ;-)
~~~~~Well folks, this post is a little late today... it has been a hectic one! But, better late than never, right? Right. So... here we go - the scoop on what's up around town this weekend....
- Tomorrow the general public is invited to join the Association of Early Childhood Educators of NL for their Easter Egg Hunt from 1:30pm-2:30pm at the Pippy Park Sliding Hill. Don't forget to bring your own basket/bucket for the hunt!
- Clay Cafe is open on Good Friday - decorate a bunny, get a head start on crafty gifts for mother's day and father's day.... or paint a lady bug ($1 from every lady bug sold over Easter Break will go towards Children's Wish Foundation).
- The Easter Bunny has been at the Village for a while now and perhaps you have already had your pictures taken with him... but on Saturday you will want to return with kids in tow: Join in on the Easter Egg Hunt from 11-12:30 on April 7th (there will be crafts and other fun as well!) . EB is still at the Avalon Mall as well, when scheduling permits (see calendar for his hours at the various locales ;-)
- Also on Saturday - the Fluvarium is having their Egg-cellent Easter Family Fun Day! In addition to some visits by the Easter Bunny himself, there will also be story time (on the half hour), Easter crafts, face painting, an egg hunt AND children can discover neat animal eggs and make egg slime ... that's fun, right? From 10:30 - 4:30.
- There is an Easter Handmade Craft Market Saturday from 10-4 at Hotel Mt. Pearl (Park Ave) - stock up on Easter treats and support local crafters! This was postponed from last week due to the weather.
- A number of the regularly scheduled activities are cancelled this Sunday due to the Easter Holiday, but, don't despair if you are looking for something to do before or after the big family dinner.... Chapters IS open on Easter Sunday!
- Looking for ideas to do at home? Check out my Count Down to Easter posts, here, for recipes and crafty ideas and links :-)
And, FYI: Posting will be sporadic for the next week - 10 days as I spend time with my family and peeps over the school break.... if it happens, it happens :-) I'll be back online April 16th. Until then.....here are some things to keep you busy:
- Head over to The Rooms daily from 2-4 PM for their Easter Break Family Fun Favourites, where they will be showcasing favourites from the Family Fun program. Running Tuesday - Friday, each day has a different theme/activity: Time Capsules; Make your own Giant Squid; Wearable Creations; and on Friday the 13th: Fish Printing Adventures (Gyotaku). For full details see the calendar.
- Starting on Monday, the Fluvarium will be celebrating the arrival of Spring and shaking off the winter blahs at their Springtime Family Fun, April 9-13. Special interactive activities will happen throughout the day from 10am - 4:30pm, including 'springy' crafts and spring-themed story books, plus children will learn all about the toads and frogs and discover how to compost kitchen scraps! See the calendar for more details.
- Don't forget the Easter Camp Page here for details on various week-long activities throughout town :-)
- And there are daily free activities at Chapter's all week (at 11AM Mon-Fri):
....HAVE AN AMAZING EASTER BREAK!
For details on events in & around town, check my events calendar regularly - it is on the bottom of EVERY page :-) The Tely Go Guide published in Arts & Life section every Thursday is also a good source.
If you have something to add to the Calendar, please let me know! Complete details can be found here and I welcome being added to any "Events Distribution list" your facility might have :-)